SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Premium Member
1,511 Posts
I do not believe that would be a wise choice. That said, I am NOT a gunsmith or engineer or firearm builder.

· Registered
5,987 Posts
Yeah, the 40 cartridge is a little shorter than 10mm - So, it is fair to call 40 a sawed-off 10!! Just DON'T try shooting 10mm ammo in your 40 though...

Cheers

· Registered
1,007 Posts
Both the 10 MM and the 40 S&W cartridges headspace on the case mouth and unless the 10 MM extractor holds the 40 S&W case against the breech face of the slide, it will probably fall too far into the chamber for the firing pin to hit the primer. A very foolish experiment so don't even think about trying it!

· Registered
2,098 Posts
There are competition guys who buy Glock 10mm's to shoot .40. (disclaimer--I am not advocating doing it nor have I done it, but I have seen it done.). I am not enough of an expert on Glocks to say if there is something different about Glocks that makes it ok? Again, I have never done it, but some do.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

· Registered
5,319 Posts

· Registered
5,319 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.