SIG Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was thinking about getting one of these conversions the prices gone up from when they were now are they any good? Is there any reason why I shouldn't install it on my P2 26 ? Do you guys like shooting with the 22 round? Thanks for your thoughts

·
Registered
17,769 Posts
Haven't tried one on a Sig, but Mrs. Flash shoots one on her Glock G26 every week at the range and loves it.

Good warm up, then the 9MM slide/magazine go back on and she shoots that.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have on on a used CZ75 that I dediated to the kit and I love it. It is very accurate and easy to shoot and clean.

·
Registered
977 Posts
They are good, but IMHO NOT worth what Sig is charging for them now. Last December they sold on-sale from Sig for $179 with one magazine included - they're now more than double that, but maybe around Father's Day there will be a sale...if not, you might have to wait until Christmastime. For comparison, I bought a S&W MP22 Compact for less than what Sig wants for a conversion kit.

I have a .22 conversion kit for a p228 and it works great (it seems to prefer Federal 40 gr. match ammo) PLUS I can use magazines for the p226. if you modify the magazine you can get 15 rounds in it.

Next year I plan to get one for my p226 too...a great investment.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
I heard there is a replacement follower that will lock the slide open on the last mag. But the follower holds the slide back, it doesn't engage the slide catch.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Get it

I have one for my M11-A1 and P229. Lots of fun to shoot. In time, the kit will pay for itself by virtue of the money you will save on ammunition.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I had one but got rid of it. My purpose was training and with no slide lock back on the last round it took away a needed training drill. I did get lots of malfunction training, no matter what quality ammo I used it had numerous failures. For me it was miserable. At the high cost of quality 22 ammo these days you don't save much over just training with the real deal.

·
Registered
977 Posts
"At the high cost of quality .22 ammo these days you don't save much over just training with the real deal."
Where are you buying your .22 ammunition?
I'm finding suitable training .22 ammo for less than $.06/round compared to $.19/round for 115 gr. 9mm FMJ...that's a 3-to-1 advantage.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the 22 conversion for my MK-25 and it works great. I shoot the cheapest **** I can find and they all work well. You get a stove pipe every now and then but that happens with the CCI's too. I just purchased a x-caliber conversion to kick my 9MM up to 40SW and a 357 Sig barrel to shoot those out of the 40 slide.:D

·
Registered
208 Posts
Just be aware that the slide does not lock back after the last round! :(

Ah, I wasn't sure if that was because mine is a Calif. legal 226 or it happens on all of them.

In answer to the OP, I like shooting it; super accurate, no recoil, looks nice, BUT frequent FTEs with all 3 ammo types I've tried so far. Since it's not for SD, just plinking and maybe shooting a coyote or small varmint in a place where I don't want to make much noise. I haven't considered it a priority to report to Sig. Maybe they have a weaker spring that can be put in.

I got a good deal on mine when Sig was running a weekend special so I jumped on it. It's great to be able to practice the trigger pull at .06/round.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Not exactly a P226, but when I got my P250 i originally bought the .22 model and got a 357SIG exchange kit; the overall cost of the gun ended up being almost 80 bucks cheaper getting it this way, which is why i did it like that lol. That being said, the P250 in 22LR is super awesome. It's actually how I got my lady to like shooting a lot more. It is super reliable, and eats ammo better than my Ruger 10/22 surprisingly. Mexican surplus, CCI, Winchester bulk packs, etc all cycle with no issues. Only thing I really didn't like were the 10rd mags and the slide not locking back.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts