SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, doing the paperwork for a customer yesterday on a P210 Target and noticed something interesting.

The manual has a P210 CARRY on the front cover and shows it with a rail on the dust cover. Found this to be a promise of the Carry most likely coming out and the potential for a railed version.

Speculation I know, but hey one can dream

·
Banned
476 Posts
Who would a P210 carry appeal to in 2021?

Is the market demand really calling for compact single stack metal framed target pistols?

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
11,004 Posts
I subscribe to the school that more is better.

Reactions: black squirrel

·
Registered
1,039 Posts

Is the market demand really calling for compact single stack metal framed target pistols?
These days anything that shoots will sell. I understand that February set another record for firearm sales.
Seems it doesn't matter whether it's high-end or low-end, new or used, handgun, rifle or shotgun, it's all flying off the shelves.

·
Registered
34 Posts

Ahh, yeah it is. Not everyone wants, nor needs to carry a football on their hip.

Rick H.

·
Banned
476 Posts
I'm all for more choices. I think more is better. I don't mean to come off as a hater. I just can't wrap my head around why you would create such a thing other than 'because we can'. (Which admittedly is sometimes the best reason)

Do you have to be a P210 guy to 'get it'?... and are there really that many P210 guys out there? Is there anyone on this board who carries a P210?

How many of these things do you think Sig is going to sell/hoping to sell and at what price point (1000+, 1200+, 1400+)? What is the intended usage case for this pistol (beyond the obvious, shooting 9mm)? How many purchased do you think will end up actually being carried? Or do you think they will appeal to shooters for other reasons?

Enlighten me.

Ahh, yeah it is. Not everyone wants, nor needs to carry a football on their hip.

Rick H.
Isn't the P210 carry rumored to be around 30 ounces, before you even start loading it? 2 lbs on your hip all day is gonna feel closer to a football.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts

Me likey dat. Yip!!

·
Vendor
133 Posts
IMO SIG does not care how many people will carry P210 Carry.

They only care (not surprisingly) how many units they sell and how any new model they make will help their corporate image. To me that makes a perfect business sense for any for profit business/organization.

1) NO DOUBT - They will sell a bunch of them (while most likely less than 10% of buyers will actually EDC the gun.

2) ....and yes, it will help their image to add another brand new model, in a unique size to the historical line of famous model that started to be made 74 years ago in 1947.

·
Vendor
133 Posts
So, doing the paperwork for a customer yesterday on a P210 Target and noticed something interesting. The manual has a P210 CARRY on the front cover and shows it with a rail on the dust cover. ....
Can you please share the image here ??

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
IMO SIG does not care how many people will carry P210 Carry.

They only care (not surprisingly) how many units they sell and how any new model they make will help their corporate image. To me that makes a perfect business sense for any for profit business/organization.

1) NO DOUBT - They will sell a bunch of them (while most likely less than 10% of buyers will actually EDC the gun.

2) ....and yes, it will help their image to add another brand new model, in a unique size to the historical line of famous model that started to be made 74 years ago in 1947.
^ This.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Let's be honest here. How many people that routinely carry a concealed sidearm actually wear it all day long? For most it's only going to be one their person for a relatively short period of time. In my prior life as a cop if I was not in uniform I only had the sidearm on if I was "in public" and it was extremely important to me to keep it concealed. Weight was secondary to size. The bigger the sidearm the more difficult to conceal. I don't want people to know that I have a firearm on period, end of story. The element of surprise is paramount to survival in a concealed weapon shooting. So size really does matter. I just don't get this massive desire to have more than 8 or 9 rounds in a concealed handgun. It isn't necessary in most or almost all shooting situations. I stand by the belief that if you can't handle a situation in 8 or 9 rounds being fired you no doubt should have left your pistol at home or in your holster, or practiced better marksmanship training. A concealed sidearm should never be considered an offensive weapon and only a defensive weapon. I think that's where a lot of people are fooling themselves thinking more ammunition in the gun makes me better equipped to handle a situation and that's just not true. Knowing the first rule of survival will help you out and that's get behind cover and only use your weapon if all other options fail.

Rick H.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I’d pass if they only offer a carry version with a rail. I’m not a rail fan in most pistols, even though I have a bunch that have rails I don’t have anything bolted on to them.

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
Let's be honest here. How many people that routinely carry a concealed sidearm actually wear it all day long? For most it's only going to be one their person for a relatively short period of time. In my prior life as a cop if I was not in uniform I only had the sidearm on if I was "in public" and it was extremely important to me to keep it concealed. Weight was secondary to size. The bigger the sidearm the more difficult to conceal. I don't want people to know that I have a firearm on period, end of story. The element of surprise is paramount to survival in a concealed weapon shooting. So size really does matter. I just don't get this massive desire to have more than 8 or 9 rounds in a concealed handgun. It isn't necessary in most or almost all shooting situations. I stand by the belief that if you can't handle a situation in 8 or 9 rounds being fired you no doubt should have left your pistol at home or in your holster, or practiced better marksmanship training. A concealed sidearm should never be considered an offensive weapon and only a defensive weapon. I think that's where a lot of people are fooling themselves thinking more ammunition in the gun makes me better equipped to handle a situation and that's just not true. Knowing the first rule of survival will help you out and that's get behind cover and only use your weapon if all other options fail.

Rick H.
“It better to have more ammo and not need it than to need it and not have it.”

By The way, what gun do you carry?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts