SIG Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Longtime Sig Sauer owner. I ended up purchasing a new recoil spring for my 2014 9mm 2022 model. The pack from Sig came with a .40 cal spring and 9mm. The issue is I'm not sure if they changed the color spec or how many strands or if .40 came with a longer spring.

Anyone have an idea from this picture? The one on the rod is the one that's hit 5k rounds, the one in the middle is what I think is the 9mm spring, but it's longer and not grey. The black one is to the far right, I'm assuming it's a .40 spring. Anyone sure the correct one from the pack? :confused:

I'm used to the legacy guns having color coding but since it's not even the same color anymore (more like bare steel) it's not obvious which one. I ended up purchasing a 9mm spring from top gun and they sent a black one.

Any insight guys?:huh:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,500 Posts
I have the same parts kit but unopened. I also have a spare spring from TGS. The one in my 9mm looks uncolored but I have close to 3500 rounds through it too.

If you look at the springs the flat looks wider on one than the other. I'd guess the wider is the .40.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the same parts kit but unopened. I also have a spare spring from TGS. The one in my 9mm looks uncolored but I have close to 3500 rounds through it too.

If you look at the springs the flat looks wider on one than the other. I'd guess the wider is the .40.
Good to know. The black spring is significantly longer than the stock spring I had, and the uncolored, bare steel looking one I have in the parts kit is just a tad longer than the original stock spring that came with the gun. I'm thinking it might just be due to compression (5k or so rounds) that the new one looks longer than the old one.

I just thought it was strange TGS sent a black one and Sig sent both black and uncolored. Running it tomorrow to ensure it works.

The black one appears just a hair wider, you very well may be right.

·
Premium Member
2,500 Posts
Right. I would guess the original spring is shorter due to use. Mine is too.

I ordered the recoil spring, and a few snapper sleeves to go with the short reach trigger. Still haven't installed it. Then one day I saw the parts kit on sale and bought it with a spare plastic case. My SP2022 came in a cardboard box.

Try them both out. Worse thing is that you may short stroke with the heavier spring or possibly not lock back on the last round.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.