SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What’s up everybody,

Yes 2021 and I’m still packing the P938!
I have had about 4 of these pistols and they have all been reliable out the box!
Super accurate,easy to manipulate the slide and carry’s very well.when I carry this pistol which is all the time 24/7 I feel I am ready for any self defense situation and I can split hairs with this thing! Kimber 8rnd mag lets me carry 9rnds cocked and locked and I toss a 6rnd mag in my pocket which is super tiny and you won’t even notice it’s in there. So if you like all metal SIGS and want something smaller that you won’t leave at home because it’s a pain in the butt to carry then I suggest this pistol! I also want to recommend the
Mitch Rosen holster and the
Kore essentials Tactical belt awesome products top notch stuff! I’ll post some pics below

·
Registered
483 Posts
Exactly the same summer carry for me. No issues with the Legion version for me either.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
If you can shoot with it, why change? Personally, I can’t quite get a good grip on it. I guess my paws are too big.

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
12,269 Posts
Very nice shooting. Congrats.

Reactions: hauki

·
Registered
621 Posts
Very nice report… I have it’s little brother 238 it too is a very nice piece and carry..
I went with a Kimber micro Rapide 9
For my carry in a 9mm fits well and like the features just a tad more… love the legion as I have a 226

·
Registered
28 Posts
Did you try different grips maybe the hogue Black rubber finger groove grips
Nah, it was a rental. That might have worked though. I’m a guy who can only get two fingers on a Glock 19, so going smaller gets tricky.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Yep, I really like this platform. I carry my P238 AIWB most of the time with the extended mag + MagGuts kit for 9rds and a backup or two. So easy I forget it’s there. I do a few practice draws/dry fire drills every day so it’ll hopefully be automatic if I need it.

·
Registered
Sig P226, M400 TREAD, P220, P365XL, P227R, P228, MPX K 4.5”
985 Posts
Call it a character flaw, but I just can’t bring myself to own ugly guns…and the P938 is ugly. It looks like something I used to build with my Legos when I was a kid. I know it’s short sighted, but I just wouldn’t be able to own something that looks like that. The same would be true of a Beretta Bobcat or a PS90.

I’m sure I am missing out on some great shooting pistols with my bias, but there are too many good, “sexy” pistols to have to suffer with ugly ducklings!! 😳

Reactions: hauki

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yep, I really like this platform. I carry my P238 AIWB most of the time with the extended mag + MagGuts kit for 9rds and a backup or two. So easy I forget it’s there. I do a few practice draws/dry fire drills every day so it’ll hopefully be automatic if I need it.
Yup at home and when I go to the range I practice flicking the safety on and off and talking about practicing at home snap caps are great for practicing and function checks DONT buy the A-ZOOM snap cap they are pure JUNK
After a couple cycles they were dinged up paint chips off of them and probably ends up inside the gun somewhere and jamming up when I would chamber a round I recommend the Tipton brand they have a little spring in them which provides some cushion when dry firing

·
Registered
368 Posts
Call it a character flaw, but I just can’t bring myself to own ugly guns…and the P938 is ugly. It looks like something I used to build with my Legos when I was a kid. I know it’s short sighted, but I just wouldn’t be able to own something that looks like that. The same would be true of a Beretta Bobcat or a PS90.

I’m sure I am missing out on some great shooting pistols with my bias, but there are too many good, “sexy” pistols to have to suffer with ugly ducklings!! 😳

Wow, I never even thought about this until you mentioned it, but you’re right!

Here’s a picture of my P238:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
AngeloG the two tone SAS is beautiful and very desirable model hold on to it! My 938 legion has the melted edges as well I really like it

·
Registered
627 Posts
I enjoyed my P938 while I had it, altho it did get carried less than another pistol. I eventually sold it. Reading a recent SIG press release on what the current surge in orders has done to production led to a comment on the 938 now having only 3 models in the currently produced listings.That's a significant change from the salad days of a dozen styles and finishes.

If you want one and see one, buy one. The polymer grip SIG's are taking up most of the production runs, all metal P series are pretty much on the back burner as government and later models take up the bulk of run times. It's really no different than ammo in a panic, the major selling cartridges take up the production while the few others requiring extensive set up and different processes get shunted to the odd corner of left over time. And some aren't made at all - SIG isn't making any .40 SW pistols right now. That goes to a major lack of demand in that caliber. 9's and .45's are the bulk.

Set up and machine time on metal frames is considerably longer than polymer - and the public is responding to the typical $150 higher price for them. With makers having to compete for discretionary money with gas, lumber, etc going up, holding the line on price to keep customers interested has now come down to this - the market has shifted to polymer in everyday carry. Consider in the day when revolvers with their highly machined and hand finished frames and cylinders were offered - an auto pistol had a lot less external oddities with easy flats to finish and very little cosmetic work done on barrels. Along with it's higher capacity and faster loading, the public responded. Now we have taken the next step.

We mostly don't drive cars with metal dashes and real wood gauge inserts, either. It's all polymer now. Times are changin.and if you like P938's and see one, buy one. The usual trend is after a certain point they make less models and fewer of them. We are now in that stage. If you don't have one, buy now. If you see one no longer made, it may be your only chance before collector pricing ramps up.

Priced a 4506 lately?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts