SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone provide a ballpark value of a P220 .45, no rail, internal extractor in a German slide built in 2008 and in "good" condition. Looking at it for a possible trade.

Thanks

·
Registered
168 Posts
i hate to say it but...500 bucks. .45s don't move that fast and there is just something about those 220s...they just sit and sit and sit. the only 220s that people really get on are the pre-95 ones that were actually german-proofed and even then...you're still talking no more than 600.

if you were to sell, i'd list for 600 and see if you could get 550 for it. i think that's top of the market.

·
Registered
17,769 Posts
In excellent condition, I pay no more than $650.00

In "good" condition I'd either pass or pay no more than around $450.00.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback. I already passed, didn't really need a .45. I did research before I posted, but prices were all over the place. I couldn't lock in the model number but thought it was a $500-$600 pistol.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm curious about the German slide on a 2008 P220. Is it a stainless steel slide? Do you have photos?
The owner sent me photos, but it was difficult to clearly see all the markings. I know there was a serial # on the slide but none on the frame (which i believe would be an all German gun). Other then that, fairly sure it was a German slide but not sure if it was ss.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Have 2

This was a rather common combination in that time period. I have 2 of them, Slides stamped "Made in Germany" with NH frames. No serial number on the slide. Both folded welded slides. One of them has the additional stamp of "Stainless" had this one bead blasted, so natural stainless on a black frame. Have seen several others that are almost identical I.E. folded slides on NH frames, they are all from mid to late 2000's until the railed frames became standard on the 220's. Have never seen any of these slides on a railed frame.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Look like this

p220 railless 1.jpg

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
Did anyone notice he said serial # on slide, but none on frame? That's just not possible. The frame is the firearm. It has to have the serial number.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Yeah

I just figured he messed up and reversed them

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
This was a rather common combination in that time period. I have 2 of them, Slides stamped "Made in Germany" with NH frames. No serial number on the slide. Both folded welded slides. One of them has the additional stamp of "Stainless" had this one bead blasted, so natural stainless on a black frame. Have seen several others that are almost identical I.E. folded slides on NH frames, they are all from mid to late 2000's until the railed frames became standard on the 220's. Have never seen any of these slides on a railed frame.
As far as I know "folded welded" and "Stainless" are mutually exclusive when it comes to SIG slides. I believe SIG began assembling some P220s in the U.S. with German-made carbon steel slides beginning around 1995, but I was not aware that that continued to 2008. However, I am not sure when SIG switched to stainless steel slides on P220s, but I thought it was the early or mid-2000s - I could be wrong Like 12131 asked, I would like to know how the P220 was determined to be a 2008.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Nope

Here is a folded welded P228, have P226 and P220's the same way

228 case.jpg
As far as I know "folded welded" and "Stainless" are mutually exclusive when it comes to SIG slides. I believe SIG began assembling some P220s in the U.S. with German-made carbon steel slides beginning around 1995, but I was not aware that that continued to 2008. However, I am not sure when SIG switched to stainless steel slides on P220s, but I thought it was the early or mid-2000s - I could be wrong Like 12131 asked, I would like to know how the P220 was determined to be a 2008.

Reactions: bearone2

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Here is a folded welded P228, have P226 and P220's the same way

View attachment 129386
It is true the slides on P228s are "folded welded" carbon steel. The question I had was regarding the one of your two "folded welded" slide P220s that is also stamped "Stainless". That is not possible in the SIG Sauer world I know, but maybe I will learn something new. Stainless steel SIG slides are machined, also referred to as "milled", one-piece designs with no welding as far as I know.

Your first photo does appear to be of a P220 with a stamped carbon steel slide. Do you know what year it was made and the year of the one with the slide stamped "Stainless"? Do you have a pic of the left side of the stainless P220? I'm just trying to ensure my personal SIG info is correct and up to date. Thanks.

Apologies to Wls1425 for the hijack although I think the type of slide has some impact on value for many buyers.

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
There has never been a production SIG with a "stainless" folded slide. All folded slide SIGs have carbon steel as the slide material.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts