SIG Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This obviously extremely valuable box of 20 rounds of 9MM ammo sold on GB for $46.50
No that price does not include shipping which the seller did not disclose and did not deter a buyer from paying maybe $3.00 a round but wait. there's more
The great bargain price does not include using a credit card, no that is an extra 3%

Where are these buyers when I am selling something?

·
Registered
338 Posts
For defensive ammo, that would be an insignificant price to pay if it saved your life. Nobody has to buy from that listing. It is voluntary.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
For defensive ammo, that would be an insignificant price to pay if it saved your life. Nobody has to buy from that listing. It is voluntary.
No. No one should buy from that listing. Saving one’s life is important but there is also rational thought. One should find other sources of ammo that are more in keeping with both life-saving AND reasonableness.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
If the crazy prices keep up I'm going to sell some ammo. (I never sell ammo or guns)

(this is a joke, not actually for sale) Does anyone want a 50 round box of 9mm Gold Dots for $115?

I've got a bunch of 10mm original Black Talons. I wonder what I could sell them for.

·
Registered
14,484 Posts
Was just on GB there is a NIB P938 22LR Target on there that the bid is $1200.00 with 23 hours to go.. I'm wondering what a 50rd box of Federal HST in 45 cal would go for?

·
Registered
203 Posts
People who do not know any better and can't find what they want locally or on "the usual" ammo sites are paying those outrageous prices.

One of my friends recently paid 88 cents per round for 200 or 300 (can't remember) rounds of brass case 9mm target ammo because she has a fairly new Glock and is DETERMINED to shoot it enough to become proficient with it. It is awful to support the price gougers, but sometimes people have what to them are valid reasons for paying way too much.

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
I was checking GB completed auctions for .45 HST.
$69.95 for a box of 50, $15 shipping and CC fee.
I was getting those for $18 delivered from Target Sports not that long ago it seems.
Once a month for quite a while I got a few boxes of something when they did that with Gold Dots and HST.
9mm in various flavors, .40, .357 Sig and .45 oh my.

I pretty much have enough HST and Gold Dots to plink with if it ever came down to it.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
My brother who is an avid grouse hunter but anti handgun called me a couple weeks ago and said he wanted a handgun. So we went to the local range where I’m a member and shot 226, 229, 938 in 9mm and 226 and Vp40 in .40.

He shot the 9mm a little better but not significantly. Liked the 226. So looking for one with no luck and absolutely no 9mm ammo.

I was at our local hardware and saw they had a Nitron 226 9mm brand new for $899. I have been getting a little ammo there for our two range trips. $17.99 a box for 50 target. 1 box limit.

Anyway, I called him and told him and he came over and bought it. I was going to meet him there but got held up and met him at my house afterwards.

So, he tried to get them to sell him four boxes with the gun and they said no. He ended up getting 3 boxes of practice ammo and a 50 round box of Sig V-crown, but that was $60.00.

He said he was ok with the prices, he just wanted ammo and couldn’t find one anywhere near where he lives, a much bigger city than my small town.

Edit: He just informed me that they sold him the 3/50 ct Fmj for $13.99 instead of list at $17.99 when he looked at his receipt. That’s not too terrible considering the times. He’s not up on ammo prices, so was not shocked.

He also bought a Rem 700 in 6.5 that we shot at the range and were shooting three shots into a quarter size hole at 100 yards with a super cheap scope. Neither one of us are “long” range distance shooters. It was the super cheapy version, he paid $450 for that with the scope.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts

This obviously extremely valuable box of 20 rounds of 9MM ammo sold on GB for $46.50
No that price does not include shipping which the seller did not disclose and did not deter a buyer from paying maybe $3.00 a round but wait. there's more
The great bargain price does not include using a credit card, no that is an extra 3%

Where are these buyers when I am selling something?

Haha..as I recall you did ok a couple weeks back, maybe not this well...but;);)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've reloaded 45 ACP and 45 Long Colt for years. It made sense to reload 45 long colt for $3.45 when it was costing me $38 a box back in the 1990s for PMC cowboy rounds when I started. I never needed a reason to re-load 9mm because it was always so cheap.,

I had just stocked up on 5.56, 300 black out and 9mm, a few weeks before COVID and BLM/ANTIFA riots hit. 2000 rounds of each. I like to keep 2000 rounds of each type, and rotate the stock as I shoot it.

When everything hit, within 3 days, all the ammo was gone. From March 15 to the 17th the gun shop I work at part time was sold out of everything. The only firearms left were a few in odd calibers. We shut down the next day for COVID. We went from selling 500 rounds of 9mm 115gr American Eagle for $99 to seeing boxes of 50 of the same stuff going for $46.51 for a box of 50 on cheaper than dirt. That is not a typo.

That next day, March18th 2020, I went to Dillons website to order 9mm dies for my Dillon RL-550B press. I just got them on Monday 10/19/20. 7 months..... I should be up and running by this weekend. I must have 20,000 round of once fired brass that I have saved up over the years. Now to locate my crushed walnuts for my Dillon CV-750 case cleaner machine.

I never thought I'd see the day that 9mm ammo was going for these kind of prices we are seeing. Its insane.

·
Registered
51 Posts
There are still some retailers selling at reasonable prices (for the times), but they sell out quickly and restock sporadically. I don’t reload, but I suppose it’s the same with loading components. Dont feed the greedy ones. Hopefully, sanity will return in a few weeks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts