SIG Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does the following phrase, copied from the SIG Sauer FAQ page, mean exactly?

“SIG SAUER, Inc sights in all non-sporting and non-target pistols for 2 inch groupings @ 10 yards.”

SIGs shoot tighter groups than 2 inches at 10 yards, rested. I understand sighting in the pistol at 10 yards. Put the two together and I’m confused. :huh:

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
10,788 Posts
I believe they are saying the "group" fired rested, single action, at 10 yards should be inside a 2" circle which would be the pistols general accuracy. Then there is also POA=POI at 10 yards, rested which means accurately sighted in. 2 different measures of accuracy.

Reactions: bearone2

·
Registered
55,311 Posts
the group measures 2' across, wherever located.

right or left can be changed by moving the front site..

·
Registered
315 Posts
the group measures 2' across, wherever located.

right or left can be changed by moving the front site..
Or by wiggling your ears if you hold your mouth just right.:lol::lol:

Reactions: George16

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I cannot imagine any SIG shooting so poorly from a bench at 10 yards. 2 inch groups would be horrendous.

I’m starting to believe that whoever tests these pistols shoots them at ten yards from a bench and if the group average (probably a very tight group) hits within 2 inches of the POA, the sights are left where they are and that pistol ships.

Meaning that SIG Sauer claims that it’s pistols are sighted in to hit within 2 inches of whatever you’re aiming at inside of 10 yards - right?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts