SIG Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took both my Sig 380s (250 and 230) to the range today and realized I needed a lot more practice shooting Double Action.

Love the smooth trigger on the 250c but gotta relearn shooting DAO (too much time with P229 and Walther P99cAS). Everything was to the left but stayed mostly inside the 8 ring at 7 yards.

And after today I'm gonna put my 230 into pocket carry rotation (S&W 640 and Shield). Still need more trigger time with it in DA but at 7 yards was shooting well in SA. Gotta watch the decocker, however, thumbed it down one time, it's perfectly placed for my off hand thumb. (Replacing the stock plastic grips with big fat rubber Hogues really helped control and comfort.) Buying this was one of my better purchases, I think.

Anyone else shoot either of these?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Haven't shot those particular models, but I recently bought a P226 and am having to spend some time getting used to the DA pulls vs the sweet SA pulls of the SRT set up.

I tended to have a flier first round with the DA and then a tighter grouping of the rest of the rounds fired SA. The flier would often be low....and low-left.

I was given some good advice by other forum members here on making a deliberate smooth continuous pull of that first DA shot and not to try to stack/stage the trigger.

I improved my two hand gripping of the gun saw immediate improvement.

This guy's videos really were interesting:

Langdon Tactical, Inc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.