SIG Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, brand-new hand gun owner. Single mama in SoCal looking to protect my home. I pick up my Sigg 2022 tomorrow at 1:05 PM. Signed up for a beginners handgun course at a range near me tomorrow evening, which includes safety information as well as range time. I can't believe I waited this long to get one. But the way things are going in this world (& here in San Diego County) I want to exercise my Second Amendment rights.

Hope to learn a lot from all of you and hopefully contribute eventually.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Wow! No classes and you can buy a gun?

You're 2 steps in front of me!

In Illinois I need to " qualify" and have a card before I can even touch a gun!

You'll do just fine!

Rock it!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
Congrats on your first gun and for taking the correct steps to safe shooting. Welcome to SigTalk. You are wise to take measures to protect your home and family. I hope you enjoy shooting as well. Greetings from the flat lands of Kansas.

In Kansas... all you need is money to purchase a gun.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Congrats on the near purchase! And a big welcome from MO. You've come to the right place. Which caliber did you choose? And do you have any previous shooting experience?

·
Premium Member
7,597 Posts
Greetings and Welcome from Alaska. Awesome exercise of rights and family protection. The SP2022 is a fine firearm too.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Greetings and welcome from Europe!
SP2022 is a great pistol.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congrats on the near purchase! And a big welcome from MO. You've come to the right place. Which caliber did you choose? And do you have any previous shooting experience?
Hi stmmia, I enjoy shooting the 9mm, but to be honest I've only shot that and the 380. No real shooting experience except for the couple times I've been to the range. I'm in San Diego and you can't go to a range without your own weapon unless you're in a party of two or more. I'm in my early 50's (man that sounds old when I type it) and my girl friends aren't really available to go shooting with me. So I'll be at the ranges a lot from here in out!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow! No classes and you can buy a gun?

You're 2 steps in front of me!

In Illinois I need to " qualify" and have a card before I can even touch a gun!

You'll do just fine!

Rock it!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Hey brasspraiser- in Cali we have to take a test and demonstrate safe firearm handling in order to get our firearm safety card. I had to have that in order to get my background check. I bought the gun already so tomorrow when my 10 days is up I'll pick up my sig. So excited!! Im also safety ready in my home and have my biometric safe ready to store the 2022 in since I have a 10 yo.

I hope you get your sig soon!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Congrats on your first gun and for taking the correct steps to safe shooting. Welcome to SigTalk. You are wise to take measures to protect your home and family. I hope you enjoy shooting as well. Greetings from the flat lands of Kansas.

In Kansas... all you need is money to purchase a gun.
You're blessed! I'm surrounded by those who oppose gun rights. But I like going against the grain.
congratulations & welcome from az[/QUOTE{
Congrats and welcome from NC. Great username.
Greetings and Welcome from Alaska. Awesome exercise of rights and family protection. The SP2022 is a fine firearm too.
Greetings and welcome from Europe!
SP2022 is a great pistol.
Thanks all for the welcome!!!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hey SoCal. Welcome to the board. Just got back from SD on a trip. Lived there on and off for most of 20 years. Congrats on your new Sig. I used to live in a nice neighborhood in North County and we used to shoot in Poway at the range or my friends farm in Pauma Valley. Miss ScCal, just not the traffic or the taxes. Good luck with the new piece.

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
Welcome from MD. Sounds like you have this all thought out: excellent choice of weapon, safety training scheduled, safe. You've nailed it so far. Stay safe & have fun.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Welcome. Sounds like we'll have another responsible gun owner in the world. That's a good thing. Enjoy.

·
Banned
6,289 Posts
Welcome to the site, and congrats on your new gun. It's a nice pistol!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.