SIG Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After owning 7 Sigs in my life, I thought I'd make the 8th a P320 subcompact .40. I have a .357 Sig barrel that will be here on Monday, giving me my caliber of choice. I'll probably shoot it tomorrow in .40 and then next week in .357 after the barrel arrives. It was manufactured the 7th of last month, and came generously lubricated. I will clean and lube it first, and then post pics of target when possible. My plan is to make this my edc by replacing my Glock 33. Have a great day!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shot 94 rounds through it today, great groupings, probably my best groupings for a new gun that I've ever had. No failures of any kind, love the trigger, and was extremely accurate shooting rapidly at my steel targets. I would like to say I'm impressed, but I expect that from Sig. My wife isn't too fond of the .40 round, and really dislikes the .357 that it will become on Monday, so may have to purchase a second one for her, in 9mm. Besides, this will be my carry gun after a few hundred of no failure rounds. Now I ask myself why I even bought the Glock 33, should have gotten this to begin with.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
Why did you buy a glock 33 ?? Hey ,we all have those corn fuzzed moments we just have to learn to deal with . I had 2 of what I call a glock brain fart moments . A g17 years ago and a g41 that only lasted a week .

Fed has some 40sw reduced recoil loads and it might be a good time to start reloading !! I loaded some 135gr and 155 gr down to 9mm pl just to see how soft I could go and cycle reliably . Standard velocity 135gr and 155gr factory ammo feels no snappier than 9mm+p to shoot .

But a 9mm version would be nice too .

·
Registered
511 Posts
So you can buy just the different barrel to change caliper? I thought you needed the whole caliber change kit. I have a carry model in 40sw.
Yes, the Sig .40 S&W and .357 SIG barrels work as just a simple drop in with either slide (no need to change anything else as long as you have the other caliber slide). They use the same magazines too... look at the side of your mag and it's engraved with ".40 - .357".
I bought the .40 S&W compact caliber x-change kit and also bought the compact Sig .357 SIG barrel. Works flawlessly... you may have to adjust POA/POI at certain distances with the caliber change due to the different characteristics of the other caliber your shooting (sights on the slide are calibrated, height, etc., for the caliber of that pistol). It's one thing I love about .40 S&W or .357 SIG pistols... very flexible. A P229 in .40 or .357 SIG is at the top of my wishlist for that very reason!

Reactions: 3 minutes till 4

·
Registered
392 Posts
Why did you buy a glock 33 ?? Hey ,we all have those corn fuzzed moments we just have to learn to deal with . I had 2 of what I call a glock brain fart moments . A g17 years ago and a g41 that only lasted a week .

Fed has some 40sw reduced recoil loads and it might be a good time to start reloading !! I loaded some 135gr and 155 gr down to 9mm pl just to see how soft I could go and cycle reliably . Standard velocity 135gr and 155gr factory ammo feels no snappier than 9mm+p to shoot .

But a 9mm version would be nice too .
:rolleyes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.