SIG Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm new to this forum and kind of a nube in general. I bought an original P320 X Carry a few years back as my first pistol. I've used it as my CCW for the past year or so. I'm wondering if I can use the XCarry slide on a Compact or XCompact grip module? The compact holds 15 rounds of 9mm instead of my original 17 round mags.
I live in a state that just changed their laws regarding magazine limits to 15 rounds for pistols. I bought a 10 round mag for the interim but I'd like to see if the Compact or XCompact grip module will work with my original XCarry slide. To be clear I have the original 1st Gen XCarry. I added a Romeo 1 and I love my CCW holster, I'm just trying to see what my options are so that I can continue carrying it.

· Premium Member
2,893 Posts
Yes you can. The X Carry slide you have measures 3.9 inches in length and is the same as the standard carry and compact. The only difference between the 2 is mag capacity. The X Compact and original sub compact use a 3.6 inch slide.

· Registered
605 Posts
That is how I have my CCW set up. The X-Compact grip just fits my hand so much better and is more comfortable when I'm wearing it all day. Only thing is that the slide will have a slight overhang passed the end of the grip module......it kind of looks like a striker fired p228 in the appearance.

· Registered
152 Posts
As you know the X-Carry barrel is 3.9" long.
If it's the original with cutout and XCarry on the slide, keep the barrel and slide together.
A compact grip module will work with your slide.
15 round mags will sit flush.
I would use an Xseries Compact module.
It gets rid of the vertical edge at the rear of the X-Carry grip.

· Registered
172 Posts
The 3.9” slide is the sweet spot for modularity imo, being able to use a carry or compact frame depending on your needs
I agree...even with regard to the Sig Classics and platform variety.. P225 single stack/P228 and P229 double stack/P245 short frame single stack and P220 Carry single stack/full frame...all with the 3.9" Barrel. I don't own a P320.

· Registered
249 Posts
One other possibility for you to consider. ACT-mags are a very high quality aftermarket mag, that has a 15 round “full-size” mag. They use the same simple process that Sig does, but, limit at 15, instead of 10 rounds.
they can be a little hard to find.
Greg Cote carrys them, but, they are frequently sold out.
I found mine via google search.
(Colorado has the same requiremen)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts