SIG Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What should the original mags for a 93 P228 be, dovetail etc.

Reactions: bearone2

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys I'm looking at a P228 with the date code I mentioned. It has the proper box, paperwork with target. The problem I had was non original grips (houge)and neither mag dovetailed, one appears to be a mec gar and the other blued with no markings. It is a nice looking gun but how much should these items effect value?

·
P228 Sherpa
7,387 Posts
Thanks guys I'm looking at a P228 with the date code I mentioned. It has the proper box, paperwork with target. The problem I had was non original grips (houge)and neither mag dovetailed, one appears to be a mec gar and the other blued with no markings. It is a nice looking gun but how much should these items effect value?
If you care about it being original, and it doesn't have the original stuff, then of course, it will affect value. The mags and the grips can be obtained with some searching, but still, that will be out of your pocket.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
I had thought 1993 would be pre-ban and zipper back. That was before they started printing the law enforcement notification on the magazines.

When did they transition from zipper back to dovetail? My 95 came with post-ban dovetail mags.

Since 12131 owns most all the remaining 228s in the wild , he probably knows best.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.