SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Pre-owned, shot very little, 1911 Compact Nickle. Manufactured 04/24/14, per Sig Brown Vector G-10's (pics don't do them justice), came with 2 magazines (both w/bumpers), hard Sig case, as was from the factory, cable lock, Mil-Comm TW25b, all except the instructional manual.

Did a takedown, internals are just fine, 'maybe' 100 rounds through it, cleaned & lubed (a little lube on the slide above the thumb safety in the picture).

Pretty happy with the purchase. This is one tough finish to take good photos of (sorry). Range report 'soon'.

A quick question: I was surprised by the (what seems to be) very short recoil spring guide. I doubt if it was ever changed out by the previous owner, but I wasn't expecting it. Is this as it should be?

·
Registered
6,753 Posts
Very nice. Congratulations. Yes, my Compact Nitron also has a short spring guide. Never gave it much thought as it shoots like a dream. The weight over the alloy frame makes it a sweet shooter. Enjoy.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've had my eye on one of these for a while, understand the nickel version has some heft to it compared to the two tone.. trying to find one to handle first has been a bit of a task.. when I decided to go ahead and buy it any way couldn't find one.. Still looking..

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What's not to like: saw the gun on Tuesday, bought the gun on Wednesday & was at the range this afternoon.

Red River is correct about the heft, but to me, it's a comforting heft. Jonzim48 was kind enough answer my short guide rod question. Since I have no instruction manual, I resorted to videos of the takedown. Maybe if I call Sig, they'll send me one.

Going to give Garrett Industries a shot at making a holster for the non-traditional slide. I've always liked their products, from a distance, but this an opportunity to get one. As many know, not too many higher-end holster makers offer a n-t slide holster.

Cleaning it up from today's range session...it's a keeper, for sure.

Thanks to all who replied. Really liking this forum.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Ordered a Garrett Industries Silent Thunder STX 2.0 for this one a couple of weeks ago. Just waiting for it to arrive.

IMO: I would be hard pressed to find another 'better' 1911 than this one, in the price range they are going for (and looks and feels as good).

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
Really nice! I still haven't seen one of those up close and personal. Probably a good thing. I might be out a lot more money. :D

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
Nice- congratulations!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
boris95: that pic is about as close to the color as I can get. These are not real easy to take pics of, color wise. Taken indoors, not the best lighting.

Thanks to all for the comments.

·
Premium Member
3,205 Posts
That is one pretty 1911. Congrats. I just love everything about it except the fact it's not mine. Good find. If you didn't think it was a keeper.. I'm betting you wouldn't have to look far for a new owner. ... hint hint...

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
olbriar: Sorry my friend, in fact I like it so much, I'm considering adding a C3 to the herd. Not really sure if the C3 matches the specs of the Nickel. not sure if the C3 has the match barrel or not. Conflicting postings (not here) in some that I have read elsewhere. That might be a topic for another thread.

Really like the Sig 1911's (but I'm open to others) and was just trying to keep the Sig 1911 sub-forum active.

·
Registered
6,753 Posts
I handled a C3 from Lipseys yesterday at a LGS and it felt really good with the weight and Hogue finger grips and Siglite night sights. Most C3's I have seen have contrast sights. Lighter than my Sig 1911 Compact which is steel frame and slide. Not sure about the green frame color, but, once it is under a shirt, who cares? Was very tempting with the $800 price tag. Still love your Nickel Compact.;)

·
Registered
305 Posts
I am in love with that pistol. Can't stop checking her out. I don't need another 1911, but I would buy on like that in a heartbeat.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts