SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

81 - 93 of 93 Posts
you're so right about Sig Talk, I was banned for life from the S&W forum, the OP was sending this Shield back, complaining of shells marks on the ejection port and powder burns, a member warned him that S&W had a 6 weeks delay on repairs, that's when I wrote "if people stop sending guns in, that don't need repairs maybe it wouldn't be so behind, to the OP don't fire that gun anymore" was banned from been rude and other things that can't remember :D:D:D
Yeh your response maybe could have been a little more polite but, certainly doesn't sound like the punishment fit the crime.

Hey all,

Good news, I picked out a handgun! I'm going with a Sig Legion after i shot it for a while! Any ideas of who may have a better price, or a trustworthy website?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wish I could help with the SAO 226 legion but pricing seems to be north of 1200.00 on most, I have been looking at these also.
The DA/SA both 226 and 229 legions seem to be running 1100-1200 OTD, locally.
If I may suggest 2 1911s to seriously look at are the Dan Wesson Heritage
Or the Colt Wiley Clapp Govt both full size 1911s.

However, since I can probably get more information from you guys the trying to decipher all the specs online, I have one last comparison question about the 226's. I hear a lot of people recommending the Legion... I was looking at the 226 MK-25-D... Big similarities and differences between the two?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did you ever get a response from the differences? I'm interested too

Discussion starter · #85 ·
Did you ever get a response from the differences? I'm interested too

Not 100%, but I was able to get some basic info. Of course, the legion offers the Single Action Only and the SA/Da; MK25 only SA/DA. Next are the sights. The legion offers a higher quality day/night Sight. Then there is the color of course, legion is gray and MK is FDE. Following would be the safety feature... Legion SAO has the thumb safety, whereas the SA/DA version and the MK have the decocker. The grips are different as well, with the legion have the "better" grips. Then we move onto the beavertail, legion has a longer beavertail. Lastly, the trigger, SAO has the intermediate trigger, more of a straight trigger compared to the curved. Also, legion has the short reset trigger. There may be more info that I missed out on, but those helped me in my decision on which P226 to get!

Not 100%, but I was able to get some basic info. Of course, the legion offers the Single Action Only and the SA/Da; MK25 only SA/DA. Next are the sights. The legion offers a higher quality day/night Sight. Then there is the color of course, legion is gray and MK is FDE. Following would be the safety feature... Legion SAO has the thumb safety, whereas the SA/DA version and the MK have the decocker. The grips are different as well, with the legion have the "better" grips. Then we move onto the beavertail, legion has a longer beavertail. Lastly, the trigger, SAO has the intermediate trigger, more of a straight trigger compared to the curved. Also, legion has the short reset trigger. There may be more info that I missed out on, but those helped me in my decision on which P226 to get!

Offhand the only things you missed are:
1 MK25 has phosphate coated internals
2 MK25 has chrome lined barrel
3 MK25 (and this is a biggie IMHO) it has true m1913 rail.
4 MK25 is I believe available in black/nitron

Offhand the only things you missed are:
1 MK25 has phosphate coated internals
2 MK25 has chrome lined barrel
3 MK25 (and this is a biggie IMHO) it has true m1913 rail.
4 MK25 is I believe available in black/nitron

Good observations. A Mk. 25 is on my short list, and might be my next pistol. As for the barrel, the phosphate coating is a take it or leave it for me...most of my SIG's have Nitron coated barrels and my Combat has the Phosphate. Phosphate is not as durable a finish IMHO as Ionbond/ Nitron, and yet SIG market the heck out of it since it's what the "real SEALs use". I don't get hung up on finishes, as I don't expect my guns to be safe queens, I just think it's funny how proud SIG are of the inferior finish on the Mk25 and Combat barrel. The chrome lining is nice, I'll give them that.

Does the mk25 and scorpion hv the same features?
I can't help about the Scorpion, but the "Combat" is the exact same pistol as the Mk25, except for the FDE anodized frame instead of black. All other options are identical as far as I know.

Edited to add: sorry, the Combat has the thin trigger and the Mk25 does not, so that is another difference.

1913 rails are really nice, if you want a rail. That's the main reason I bought this special configuration P229! I wanted one with a rail and tail, although I've never mounted anything to it!

Attachments

1913 rails are really nice, if you want a rail. That's the main reason I bought this special configuration P229! I wanted one with a rail and tail, although I've never mounted anything to it!
Interesting! I honestly didn't know that they made a P229 with an M1913 rail. Does the P229 Combat also have one?..in retrospect it must, I've just never noticed. Don't mind my out-loud wonderings. Hahaha

Interesting! I honestly didn't know that they made a P229 with an M1913 rail. Does the P229 Combat also have one?..in retrospect it must, I've just never noticed. Don't mind my out-loud wonderings. Hahaha
Yes Combat has 1913 but it ain't got the tail. Mine is a German frame military contract over run, from a few years ago.

81 - 93 of 93 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.