SIG Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in buying the Tacops Full-Size 1911. The gun on Sig's website is advertised with the cool looking magwell grips on it. However everywhere online and my local gun stores it shows it only comes with the Ergo grips. Is there anywhere to buy those Magwell grips? I have looked almost everywhere I can think of.

·
Banned
6,289 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,372 Posts
Welcome to SIG Talk!

I have two full size 1911 Tacops, both came with the Ergo grips. Looking at the web site, I am seeing the grips in the attached picture. Is this what you have in mind? I replaced the Ergo grips on both of my Tacops with G-10's from LOK grips, they can give you pretty much whatever you may like.

·
Registered
22,206 Posts
The dip-sticks at SIG just started putting those grip panels on the TACOPS. They've had plan black like you are finding for as long as I can remember.

Hence the reason my two have the following grips.
10mm on top, .45 ACP on the bottom.

Attachments

Reactions: winterwar

·
Registered
22,206 Posts
By the way, the magwell is not part of the grips. It is a metal accessory on the TACOPS. So if you buy aftermarket grips like I did, you will need to specify standard thickness (not thin) and a magwell cut, in order to mate up to the steel magwell.

·
Registered
22,206 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Timely thread looking at a carry 1911 tacops for range use.

The "Ergo XT" is the sandpapery grip right?

ERGO XT/XTR 1911 Grips

I much prefer the new grips shown below... what are they made of.... are they rubbery or firm/G10-like?

·
Registered
22,206 Posts
Chinch,

The older TACOPS grips are nothing like the single-piece ergo grips on the classic P-series that feel about like 100-grit sandpaper. Different material.

They are actually not bad. I just didn't care for the looks of them and since I had two that looked alike - just different calibers - I wanted different grips for a quick visual cue as to which one I am grabbing in the safe. :D

·
Premium Member
18,372 Posts
The older TACOPS grips are nothing like the single-piece ergo grips on the classic P-series that feel about like 100-grit sandpaper.
Actually, GBIA, the Tacops grips are (were?) manufactured by the company called Ergo Grips, they are not the same as the E2 (Enhanced Ergonomics) grips has dallied with. If I had to choose between the Ergo brand grips or E2, Ergo would win hands down. But like you, I swapped out the Ergo grips on both my Tacops 1911's for the LOK G-10's.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I got to thinking that SIG may not have even started shipping them with those grips yet.
But I found a Carry with a threaded barrel.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/640618035

And a Carry with standard barrel.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/639398603

I couldn't find a full-size with those grips in just the one search I did on GunBroker. Maybe it hasn't shipped yet.
My XO came with those grips, but they are beveled at the bottom and don't have the SIG medallion. They are molded polymer.

·
Registered
22,206 Posts
Actually, GBIA, the Tacops grips are (were?) manufactured by the company called Ergo Grips, they are not the same as the E2 (Enhanced Ergonomics) grips has dallied with. If I had to choose between the Ergo brand grips or E2, Ergo would win hands down. But like you, I swapped out the Ergo grips on both my Tacops 1911's for the LOK G-10's.
I didn't know who made them. I just knew they were better than the one-piece P-series grip that can double as a wood-rasp in a survival situation. :D

Reactions: winterwar
1 - 13 of 13 Posts