SIG Talk banner

1911 C3 Talo Edition

5815 Views 26 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  178384
Did any of our number ever tie into any of these Talo Exclusive Sigs?
If so, would you care to elaborate and share some pics please? Thanx!!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
6,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I assume you're talking about the beautify OD Green frame with Nitron slide?

There were one or two members who bought one quite a while back. Don't know if they are still around.

I resisted hard every time I saw one in one my LGSs. It is beautiful.
Yes sir:)
Thats the one. I love them.
Really think Im gonna get one too.
I also asked about the Navy Edition, and the guy that has a few (of the green ones) said Sig was having trouble with the blue. He asked them at SHOT when he may be getting some but they (Sig) still weren't sure.
At least thats what he told me.

· Registered
19,375 Posts
Yeah, I haven't seen anything in the blue.

I've had the hardest time not getting the M11-A1 in that green. I WANTED IT! They used to be on GunBroker for a long time in huge numbers and all of the sudden they have dried up. I just couldn't bring myself to buy another P229 just for the color. But dang it's purdy! :D I bout P229 9mm conversion kit to give me less reason to buy the M11-A1 in the green. :lol:

But I have seen that C3 in the green and it is a sharp pistol. Sharper than the M11-A1 in the same color. And if you decide you want to change grips, it still has the front strap checkering under those rubber finger grooves on it. ;)

· Registered
6 Posts
1911 C3 Talo

I just picked up a C3 Talo a couple days ago. Love it. It is my first Sig and second 1911. I have had a Rock Island FS Tactical for about 8 years now. Took it to the range this past Saturday and put 28 mags through it. The safety is very positive and audible. I really like the Siglite sights, the front sight is easily acquired. I do not care for the Hogue wrap around grips. I put a set of black LOK Bogies on it. It functioned flawlessly with the 2 Sig mags that came with it. It does NOT like standard 7 round mags however (Colt & GI's). I would get 5-6 FTF's per mag with the standards and they would not lock back after the last round. The rounds were burying in the feed ramp. I did not even try any of my 8 rounders'. I took along some WWB, Federal bulk and Fed. aluminum case and some 185 grain Hornady XTP's. I received the best accuracy with the WWB! Hornady was second. It did not like either of the Federals, they grouped all over the place. Will try some different ammo and am going to get some Wilson Combat or Chip McCormack mags. I paid $808.99 for it.

· Registered
19,375 Posts
I just picked up a C3 Talo a couple days ago. Love it. It is my first Sig and second 1911. I have had a Rock Island FS Tactical for about 8 years now. Took it to the range this past Saturday and put 28 mags through it. The safety is very positive and audible. I really like the Siglite sights, the front sight is easily acquired. I do not care for the Hogue wrap around grips. I put a set of black LOK Bogies on it. It functioned flawlessly with the 2 Sig mags that came with it. It does NOT like standard 7 round mags however (Colt & GI's). I would get 5-6 FTF's per mag with the standards and they would not lock back after the last round. The rounds were burying in the feed ramp. I did not even try any of my 8 rounders'. I took along some WWB, Federal bulk and Fed. aluminum case and some 185 grain Hornady XTP's. I received the best accuracy with the WWB! Hornady was second. It did not like either of the Federals, they grouped all over the place. Will try some different ammo and am going to get some Wilson Combat or Chip McCormack mags. I paid $808.99 for it.
Sounds like the 7-round mags had springs that were too weak to match the timing of the slide's cycling. Basically, the recoil spring was "out-running" the magazine spring.

· Registered
6,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for posting up. Much appreciated.
One of the reasons I want it is because of the Hogue Grips. It all really comes down to personal preference I reckon. As for my mags, my 5" XO, hasn't had any problems with either the 8rd mags that came with it or any of the Power Mags I have. The 10rder is fun to use.

· Registered
6 Posts
Thanks Gone Ballistic.... I have 3 Colt and 3 GI's (4 8 rounders too). Looks like I need to replace some mag springs. I have rarely had a problem with my Rock until recently, but have had some FTF's with it too. I was a little worried when I got the Sig. The first 4 mags I put through it were with the std. magazines & I had a lot of problems. Then I used the factory mags and they worked just fine. I'll try the 8 rounders next time out.
Sigke, picked it up on sale. Two days after I ordered it the price went back up to 899.99. I saw one on Gun Broker for 799.99 a few days before I ordered mine but missed the sale. Other than that I have not seen one for cheaper than what I paid.

· Registered
6,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry, its upside down. I had to have my 10 year old help me. I do not have a smart phone and am fairly technologically incompetent. I do not know how to rotate it.
Absolutely no worries :)
Thank you for taking the time to post.
As a matter of fact, my Android, automatically corrected it when I clicked on the pic.
Thats a really nice .45 Auto. I like the grips too.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.