SIG Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,011 Posts
It would be dependent, more than likely need to be a Series 80, Colt style cut, and then modified to accept the commander style hammer, or from a series 80 Colt Commander without a beavertail grip safety... if it's because you don't like the upswept beavertail.

A picture of your removed grip safety would be helpful, to insure it is set up to function as an original M1911...

Since I'm not sure, exactly what you have, is it a standard Sig 1911 with a .22 conversion unit, or a purpose built .22?

I know, that I have a "Colt" marked 1911 style .22, made for them by Walther. I have replaced some of the "cheap original parts", the thumb safety, mainspring housing, and rear sight with Colt OEM which required some very minor fitting, and grips with some OEM Walnut Checkered from Springfield Armory.

Attachments

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It would be dependent, more than likely need to be a Series 80, Colt style cut, and then modified to accept the commander style hammer, or from a series 80 Colt Commander without a beavertail grip safety... if it's because you don't like the upswept beavertail.

A picture of your removed grip safety would be helpful, to insure it is set up to function as an original M1911...

Since I'm not sure, exactly what you have, is it a standard Sig 1911 with a .22 conversion unit, or a purpose built .22?

I know, that I have a "Colt" marked 1911 style .22, made for them by Walther. I have replaced some of the "cheap original parts", the thumb safety, mainspring housing, and rear sight with Colt OEM which required some very minor fitting, and grips with some OEM Walnut Checkered from Springfield Armory.

It is Sigs purpose built 1911-22. The factory grip safety is plastic and I would like to replace it with a steel grip safety with a memory bump. ----------------- GeezerD

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I disassembled the Sig 1911-22 and found that the grip safety is exactly like the standard 1911 beavertail grip safety. After the usual amount of fitting, the aftermarket grip safety fits and functions perfectly. ------ GeezerD

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,011 Posts
Come on now... where's the pictures?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.