SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What would you buy? Just ordered a CZ shadow 2 and have a bit more to spend. I have 4 sigs already (2 p220's in 10mm and 45, and p229 sse in 40, and a 716 DMR) I was thinking of buying a p226 stainless elite in 9mm, a 226 legion in 357 sig, or possibly a p320 x-5 (not a big fan of polymer), but was thinking about giving it a chance. ANY suggestions would be great. It does not have to be a Sig. this will just be a range gun and possible night stand gun.

Thanks

·
Registered
265 Posts
What would I buy? If I had $1500 that was designated for a gun purchase, no question that it would be a S&W Model 41, .22 rimfire pistol. You couldn't ask for a better range/target pistol. Super accurate, ammo is cheap but it wouldn't qualify for nightstand duty.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I recently had $1,500 to spend on guns.

I chose two....both in 9mm. They arrived at my ffl on the same day....got a little discount for transferring two at once, lol.

The two that I went with covered range fun and carry:

*Springfield Range Officer in 9mm ($695)
*Sig P226 Custom Carry ($857)

Two magazines came with the RO + 4 more in the mail from their current promotional offering. Three 15-round magazines came with the P226, plus I already had four 20-rounders from my TacOps and a pair of 18-round MecGars I bought.

Well covered with 9mm range, carry and hd guns now.

·
Registered
23,704 Posts
Definitely a P226...in any flavor.
The SSEs are nice.
So are the MK25s.

Good luck with your search. :D

·
Registered
765 Posts
LWRC 5.56. I shoot rifle left handed and they have AWESOME ambi controls standard on their lower.

·
Registered
7,487 Posts
I say get a 229 in .40, and then get a .357 barrel for it.
Then get a 239 in .40, and get both 357 and 9MM for it.
You will probably have bout 1500 in all of this.

the 226 feels "heavy" to me and there are really no other SIG's I like.

Reactions: Willard

·
Registered
23,704 Posts
BTW, if you just want to get rid of that $1,500, you can just give me that money and I'll buy a gun for me! :D

Reactions: LittleTex

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,263 Posts
This flies in the face, of those mentioning getting "2" pistols for $1500... it's just that you don't see to many of these used... E 26R-9-BSE-SAO-RX

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.