SIG Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought two additional mags that came with the bottom that will work for the P365. Every time I install, I hear it click, but I can pull it right off of the magazine as it’s not locked. Anyone else having this issue?

·
Registered
89 Posts
NOP.. If you hear a click , It's not supposed to come out until you click mag release button ..
Definitely something wrong here ..!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Should lock it until the mag release button is pushed. Ive see a few people mention this or something close to it. The mag base plate may be hitting the grip module and causing it to not lock 100%. People have had to do some small amount of filing on the mag base plate, if thats the issue.

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
10,920 Posts
After locking there is no way you should be able to get them out without pressing the magazine release button. Are they factory Sig magazines?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After locking there is no way you should be able to get them out without pressing the magazine release button. Are they factory Sig magazines?
Yes both factory Sig mags. Both are doing the same thing. Click but can pull right off the bottom.

·
Registered
Sig P226, M400 TREAD, P220, P365XL, P227R, P228
388 Posts
Wait...are you talking about installing the baseplate on the mag...or the magazine in the gun? 🤔

If the former, then it’s not installed fully until the round tab is flush with the bottom of the baseplate (regardless of what you hear). It sounds like it’s not all the way in. Try taking a small punch and pushing on the tab while you wiggle the baseplate a bit. It should seat all the way and not come off.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I’ve even watched videos and am doing it all right...can’t figure it out.
Hold on.... Maybe I misunderstood what you said ..'
You mean a piece from the bottom of the mags like pinky extension ??
NOT the mag itself to the gun .. right ..?
Please insert a Picture , so we can understand ..!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wait...are you talking about installing the baseplate on the mag...or the magazine in the gun? 🤔

If the former, then it’s not installed fully until the round tab is flush with the bottom of the baseplate (regardless of what you hear). It sounds like it’s not all the way in. Try taking a small punch and pushing on the tab while you wiggle the baseplate a bit. It should seat at the way and not come off.
Yes, the baseplate! I’ll give this a try, thank you!

·
Registered
439 Posts
If i remember correctly someone claimed that the hole in the floorplate of their magazine wasn't quite large enough and the button wouldn't go all of the way into the hole in the floorplate. Before you try to install the floorplate in the magazine, check to see that the round button on the retention plate will easily fit through the hole in the floorplate.

·
Registered
26 Posts
only problem with my 12 round is when slam it in the grip module and catching my pinky in it at the range.......ouhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...hurts like hell...damn that short stubby grip...lol....but love my p365...love hurts

·
Registered
439 Posts
only problem with my 12 round is when slam it in the grip module and catching my pinky in it at the range.......ouhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...hurts like hell...damn that short stubby grip...lol....but love my p365...love hurts
That is one of the many reasons that I converted to the XL grip module for my P365.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Is there any limitations with the p365 standard mags I own?
Thx

1 - 14 of 14 Posts