SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
I would be in for that. I was hoping for a 10mm conversion barrel & mags at least for 45 version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
265 Posts
Why?
.40 S&W is not as common, or cheap to shoot as either 9mm or .45ACP.
.40 S&W is a shortened 10mm with less punishing recoil.... slower, but it able to regain target much faster than the brutal 10mm round.

The recoil was so bad that FBI finally abandoned it (10mm) in favor of the .40 S&W. People would be just as dead shot with either the 9mm or the .40 and there are loads more ammo choices for those calibers, along with .45 ACP, which, is all around better choice if you are looking for large width bullets.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I've heard everything from maybe to never. I'm going with ... I'm not holding my breath.

I would love one, but even if Sig did do it we are talking 2 years +. Then another 2 years before it came out .... :(

380, 9, 40, 357sig and 45auto all work great against anything on two legs. Even a good 22 will get the job done in the right hands. It all comes down to personal preferences.

If we are talking about 4 legs and larger maybe very unfriendly 4 legged animals, none of the above mentioned will do anything but **** them off more. Yes, if your are amazing and can do a head or heart shot on a charging animal then some might work. The reality is most people can't. This is where 357mag and 44mag still rule the roost. 10mm is the closest you'll get to a 44mag in a auto loading pistol.

Thats why I would love one. Plus I assume it would be backwards compatible to 45auto. I don't care for 45auto, but it would be cool as an option ... I guess.

·
Registered
22,188 Posts
Why not, glock has 3 polymer 10mm pistols

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doesn't mean SIG will.

SIG is have enough problems trying to get everything fixed and out the door on the current calibers - and before they fix the problems in what they have, they introduce the "P320 X-5" (LOL!!).

There have been additional P220 10mm pistols that were supposed to have been released for quite a while now and they haven't been.

I personally do not think that the P320 plastic module could stand the beating that the FCU would put on it when absorbing the recoil, no matter what kind of recoil spring you put on it.

I just wouldn't look for that ever happening.

I would much rather they fulfill their promise of a few years ago to start producing the steel X-5s and X-6s that used to be imported from Germany anyway.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
I personally do not think that the P320 plastic module could stand the beating that the FCU would put on it when absorbing the recoil, no matter what kind of recoil spring you put on it.

I just wouldn't look for that ever happening.
But my plastic, large - frame Glockz...

They have no problems with nuclear 10mm rounds!

Even with your beloved Underwood Ammo!

How can this be?! :lol:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
wow, a widespread view of the 10 here. I honestly wanted it as a sidearm for the few times I hunt in black bear country. Most of my hunting areas in NV do not have any bear, but have mountain lion. I have a couple of outfitters I know that actually hunt them with the 357 sig and swear with the 147+ grains it works fine (4"+ bbl). I would gather shot placement on a treed animal is how they do it. But still, the 10mm is a tough round on guns and for what its worth, my poor hands too. Tougher on 4 legged critters and I was really hoping sig would get it together and have an offering in the 320. I think it may be more of a pipe dream.

·
Registered
265 Posts
wow, a widespread view of the 10 here. I honestly wanted it as a sidearm for the few times I hunt in black bear country. Most of my hunting areas in NV do not have any bear, but have mountain lion. I have a couple of outfitters I know that actually hunt them with the 357 sig and swear with the 147+ grains it works fine (4"+ bbl). I would gather shot placement on a treed animal is how they do it. But still, the 10mm is a tough round on guns and for what its worth, my poor hands too. Tougher on 4 legged critters and I was really hoping sig would get it together and have an offering in the 320. I think it may be more of a pipe dream.
Want 10mm for the knock down in SIG P320, then get the .357 Sig. Reference this article: 10mm Vs 40 S&W Summary And Ballistics GunData.org

My opinion is handguns are poor choices for angry bears, even black bears, for your defense.
According to the article, the .357 Sig is similar to the 10mm in ballistics, PLUS it's available right now.

Reactions: TimKempAK and JBnTx

·
Registered
22,188 Posts
But my plastic, large - frame Glockz...

They have no problems with nuclear 10mm rounds!

Even with your beloved Underwood Ammo!

How can this be?! :lol:
Silly boy! ;)

You forget I also have a G20 Gen 4.
The P320 is just too..."flimsy"...for 10mm.

Reactions: Edsel

·
Registered
22,188 Posts
...According to the article, the .357 Sig is similar to the 10mm in ballistics, PLUS it's available right now.
Good grief! Only because the 10mm he is comparing to is watered down to .40S&W load range!

Not full-power 10mm loads.

Unfortunately, most 10mm loads on the market are watered down to .40S&W. Only a couple of companies make true 10mm loads. And they aren't cheap. The best, Underwood Ammo, has recently really jacked up their prices and gone from 50-round to 20-round boxes.

·
Registered
22,188 Posts
My (and I'm sorry to say this) Glock G20 Gen 4 10mm (15+1) is a pretty easy-shooting 10mm. Even with the hottest 10mm loads.

If you can settle for a single-stack, either the SIG P220 10mm or the SIG 1911 TACOPS 10mm are nice-shooting guns. Both solid stainless steel.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts