SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
10mm auto is on the upswing because it's probably the most versatile cartridge in the "service sized pistol" category with rounds under 100gr at hyper speeds, on up to 220- 230gr dangerous game bullets with 750+ FtLbs of energy...

That's partly why Federal is now offering three new 10mm auto loads:

- a new 10mm self defense load- in the Federal Defense Punch line

- a new Syntech 10mm range/training round

- a new 10mm hunting load- Swift A frame bullet

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
9,130 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I've never fired a 10mm round. Perhaps it time to do so. Something to think about.

Reactions: Lancer L5 AWM

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
I love shooting my P220 10MM Elite SAO! If Sig comes out with a P320 in 10MM I'll be first in line to grab one. I'll be watching for some of this new ammo to try.

·
Premium Member
1,385 Posts
They can't produce enough product to satisfy the current needs but they can develop, divert production, and market new loads. Grand, just grand.

Reactions: DarSig and Movistar

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
I'm a 10 fan. I know that's a BUNCH of people around here who like .357sig. For me I'll carry a 10 if don't think a 9 is sufficient.

However, I wonder if these new Federal offerings will be "real" 10mm loads or just .40's in 10 brass. American Eagle 10mm is only ~30 fps faster than .40.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Nice to see more offerings, I just picked up a TRP 10mm that needs fed.

It looks like the only velocity data is on the 200gr punch. 1100fps isn’t Underwood hot but that’s definitely on the hotter side of your typical commercial 10mm stuff. The first thing I thought when I saw the picture was that it looks like an HST then I went and saw they make a 200gr 10mm HST load too so I’m betting it’s the same bullet just slightly different loading. Not that there’s anything wrong with an HST, it’s the all time best pistol JHP bullet as far as I’m concerned.

It’ll be interesting to see the velocity of the Syntech. Currenly the Sig FMJ is really the only full power 10mm range load out there.

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Nice to see more offerings, I just picked up a TRP 10mm that needs fed.
Oh jeez...here I go again. Always liked the TRPs and often thought about adding one to my collection and never thought about the 10MM. I just might have to get a brother for my Range Officer. I just told myself I was done buying guns to.
Any input on how the TRP shoots?

·
Registered
21,617 Posts
Oh jeez...here I go again. Always liked the TRPs and often thought about adding one to my collection and never thought about the 10MM. I just might have to get a brother for my Range Officer. I just told myself I was done buying guns to.
Upper-left, 6" TRP Heavy Operator 10mm. I LOVE IT!
However, wrestling the recoil spring is like wrestling an anaconda. But it's worth it. :D

My 10mm Collection.JPG

Reactions: Speedwagon

·
Registered
314 Posts
I haven’t shot it yet, I just picked it up from my dealer on Friday. This is my 3rd or 4th TRP though and they’ve all been amazing guns. IMO the best 1911’s you can get off the shelf without going custom.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
My three P220/10 are my favorite handguns these days and I have many, many other SIGs to choose from. I hope to get one more in the coming year. And if SIG ever does it, try the P320/10

1 - 20 of 28 Posts