SIG Talk banner

10mm coming back?

2404 35
If you have been watching it seems 10mm is making a come back with pistols. I know of only a few in my gang/club/friends, basically people I know and that is simply because I talked them into it.
Yet mfg's keep pumping them out. Is there a come back on a level I am missing while the 40 seems to die a bit more?

Idk, seems as if it isn't 9mm it's 45 these days. I have a lot of both and like both but I like 10mm and 357 sig more cause POW! Lol.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
6,262 Posts
I'm not sure it ever really went anywhere. It has always been more of a niche round than anything after its initial surge when Don Johnson's character carried it on Miami Vice, but I do believe it has always had a rather strong following. In the right platform, the 10mm is a fantastic round for hunting, protection, or duty. With training, one can be as accurate with it as needed. It really doesn't have a bad recoil impulse.

·
🎖USA Veteran
56,672 Posts
I'm not sure it ever really went anywhere. It has always been more of a niche round than anything after its initial surge when Don Johnson's character carried it on Miami Vice, but I do believe it has always had a rather strong following. In the right platform, the 10mm is a fantastic round for hunting, protection, or duty. With training, one can be as accurate with it as needed. It really doesn't have a bad recoil impulse.
i thought it was a bren 10.

Attachments

·
Banned
6,262 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
maybe, it was posted/titled/copied as a bren 10, i've never seen one up close.
Don Johnson's character carried a Bren Ten.
This was the first 10mm pistol and was a semi-production gun. It suffered from failures due the slide cracking, and never became a full production pistol line.

Next was the S&W 1006 (and the FBI 1076) and the Colt Delta Elite.

Now? The 10mm It's probably somewhere on every manufactures to do list.

·
Banned
6,262 Posts
Don Johnson's character carried a Bren Ten.
This was the first 10mm pistol and was a semi-production gun. It suffered from failures due the slide cracking, and never became a full production pistol line.

Next was the S&W 1006 (and the FBI 1076) and the Colt Delta Elite.

Now? The 10mm It's probably somewhere on every manufactures to do list.
According to the Internet Movie Database his character used a lot of guns, to include a Bren Ten, but the one in the pic bearone posted is a Bren Ten.

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Don_Johnson

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've been a fan of the 10mm since the late 80's. Old enough to buy in 90 but never had the cash. Always followed. Here is where I am trying to go with this.
So by the late 80's the FBI has introduced and been shooting this cal and the market booms. Big players I remember are colt and S&w cause those are the ones I dreamed of. In walks the 90's we have the .40 and S&w drops the 10. Not sure when colt did. All we really got is kimber Dan Wesson and glock that I can recall.
Fast forward to now colt is back, 3 glocks?, kimber, R1,Dw,sig,ria,ruger and probably another 20 more

So yeah the 10 mm did see a low time in the 90's, seems it's gaining speed again.
I own a g40 but in my cult there is now 3 R1's due to shooting one 10mm. Yeah if it wasn't for me they wouldn't own them yet

It has been a caliber I have fascinated over for 30 years, this is a joyful time for me

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I'm rather fond of my Smith and Wesson 1086. Not the best triggers but it's a great shooter.
YES! Solid!

So when gun broker got up and running my very first search was 1006. The gun I watched become discontinued right in front of my eyes. Still no cash then in the 90's, but ahh the heartache

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
I bought a 10MM Kimber last year because it was the only metal 10 we could get here in California. It suffered some teething problems at first, but the factory got that sorted. It is great fun to shoot. I like it a lot.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.