SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
It may have been dropped but with no effect on funcionalty; if you really want it, use this as a bargaining chip; ask to shoot it.
They're hard to find and it has 6 mags......what do you want to pay if it's a shooter?

·
Registered
317 Posts
What do you mean the barrel is rough? I see nothing in the photos. Are you talking about the marks on the barrel visible through the port?
If so, that just means it’s been fired, doesn’t look rough.

To me that seems like a decient price for a 2000 ish 228. Hard to tell much from the photos, but it looks to be in good shape.

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
Mine is worn more and I've had it since shortly after manufacturing in 1995. Most likely it's holster wear, I term this "character".

Attachments

·
Registered
615 Posts
Great price for INMHO the best P-series Sig has made. If your not interested. Let me know where it is. Lol. That would be my 6th one. Go for it. You won’t be unhappy.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
I paid $400.00 or so for this KE W German.

It has the most wear of my P228/9 pistols (9) and while it is an excellent shooter it is my Benz car gun (garaged). No idea the round count

Notice the weird wear on the grips

Pix are before I changed pins and switched to a short reach trigger

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
11,341 Posts
If you are talking about the lack of bluing on the top of the chamber, that was never blued on the early guns. The minor wear on the sides of the chamber, or wearing off of the bluing is normal, from the barrel cycling inside the slide. Most "revere" the P228, and as long as the aluminum frame isn't bare aluminum, people will leap on them for much, much more. Look at some of the examples offered on Gun Broker, and you will quickly see.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone!

just new to exploring Sigs and their history and model variants.

Appreciate all the wisdom from the SIG KINGDOM

SIDE NOTE: is there a way to include multiple people/ or "quote" various accounts in one reply? What does MULTI mean between the Quote & Quick button on the right of the posts.... thanks again

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
That's not wear. Someone put that in a vice and cranked it down.
That was what I thought.
Just can't think of why as there is no evidence the frame has any such damage

·
Registered
384 Posts
I think that pistol looks pretty darn good. I would go for it if it has box manual etc.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Thanks everyone!

just new to exploring Sigs and their history and model variants.

Appreciate all the wisdom from the SIG KINGDOM

SIDE NOTE: is there a way to include multiple people/ or "quote" various accounts in one reply? What does MULTI mean between the Quote & Quick button on the right of the posts.... thanks again
When you click "multi" to each post you'd like to quote and then the reply button all posts should be in the quote.

I always try to "go advanced" and "preview post" when I do the complicated stuff:)

·
Premium Member
1,403 Posts
That was what I thought.
Just can't think of why as there is no evidence the frame has any such damage
Looks like they put just the edge of the grips in the jaws to hold it still for whatever they were doing. Stuck mag release maybe?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts