SIG Talk banner

201 - 220 of 224 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Thanks for the tips. I'll look into the Muddy River Tactical holster if I decide to get an RDS. If that squishy feeling goes away, what does that tell me? Or am I just looking to see if it doesn't?
the trigger will lose the squishy feel when a round (or in this case a snap cap) in the barrel and magazine inserted.

dry firing with an empty chamber gives a squishy feel.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have decided I prefer mine with the Wilson Grips. I believe if I were still active duty, I would have wanted to fit an issue M17/18 with them, if it were allowed. I recall you could get away with such things more easily when deployed, but not so much in garrison or training events.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
Well, this may be heresy to some, but here's how my M17 turned out. :ROFLMAO: This is my military issued M17 Surplus (TF001179), and I made it exactly how I like it:
3.9" True Precision barrel in black DLC
Compact slide with 2nd gen optics plate
XCompact grip module

And with my Fallkniven NL3 "Njord"

·
Registered
172 Posts
Well, this may be heresy to some, but here's how my M17 turned out. :ROFLMAO: This is my military issued M17 Surplus (TF001179), and I made it exactly how I like it:
3.9" True Precision barrel in black DLC
Compact slide with 2nd gen optics plate
XCompact grip module

And with my Fallkniven NL3 "Njord"
i like it!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have decided I prefer mine with the Wilson Grips. I believe if I were still active duty, I would have wanted to fit an issue M17/18 with them, if it were allowed. I recall you could get away with such things more easily when deployed, but not so much in garrison or training events.
Hey Mike, would you mind telling me what size Wilson grip you have on the M18? I just bought a M18 with the 17 and 21 round clips and would they work in your M18 Wilson grip? There web site is confusing the heck out of me. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Hey Mike, would you mind telling me what size Wilson grip you have on the M18? I just bought a M18 with the 17 and 21 round clips and would they work in your M18 Wilson grip? There web site is confusing the heck out of me. Thanks.
You’ll need one that fits a 3.9” barrel and 17 round mags. That should be a Carry or Carry II according to the Wilson compatibility chart.

Use a compact to go to 15 rounds. Use an XCompact to go to 15 rounds and a 3.6” barrel.

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
It’s my M18X-Compact with XDS sights and a TLR-7A. I’m working on building this and my P365 to the same configuration to make it easier to train on both.

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Cabela's has the M18 commemorative in stock for ship to store. It is $999.99 ($400 more than this one.) if you want one bad enough.
I found one from a shop in Portland for a reasonable price. Got tired of harassing the gun counter at the local Bass Pro.

·
Registered
6 Posts
m18.large.jpg

Just got this a few days ago. I did not realize they had M18's in black as well. I was trying to find a black M17, but this is just as good, maybe even better as now I have a concealed carry option once I get a different frame.

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Just got this a few days ago. I did not realize they had M18's in black as well. I was trying to find a black M17, but this is just as good, maybe even better as now I have a concealed carry option once I get a different frame.

They are around. Usually on the police/first responder websights. I tried getting one, even for more money, but no joy.

201 - 220 of 224 Posts