SIG Talk banner

1021 - 1040 of 1090 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
Why a full size grip for a Carry (compact) slide?
I have always been especially fond of Commander-sized weapons. Some of that is that I have large mitts. This gave me a pistol that feels a lot like a Commander. While it is only one round more than the Carry configuration, it has a different “feel”. I like it a lot.

·
Registered
51 Posts
For the X-Compact or 3.6" Barrel - Wilson Combat Item Number:*320-XCST

For the X-Carry or 3.9" Barrel - Wilson Combat Item Number:*320-C2ST

Both of those options above are FDE. Please visit the shop Wilson combat dot com website for other options.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have always been especially fond of Commander-sized weapons. Some of that is that I have large mitts. This gave me a pistol that feels a lot like a Commander. While it is only one round more than the Carry configuration, it has a different “feel”. I like it a lot.
I guess I am confused. I have a P320 Carry. It takes 17 rd magazines just like a Full. You lopped off the front of a Full Size grip to fit your "Carry" and I can't understand why. The "Carry" is a Full Size... with the front lopped off. Maybe you meant you have a compact? Just confused lol sorry.

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
Right but the Carry grip is already the same capacity as a Full Size, and he had to cut the grip down to fit the Carry (Compact slide).

So he just made a Full Size grip module into a Carry module, no?
Carry magazine = 9 rnds.
Full sized magazine = 10 rnds.

More importantly, the full sized module has a different feeling grip. Appears to be larger to back area, so grip feels longer front to back. To me that translates to a more 1911-like feel. What I now have is a Commander; what I had was more like an Officer.

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
I guess I am confused. I have a P320 Carry. It takes 17 rd magazines just like a Full. You lopped off the front of a Full Size grip to fit your "Carry" and I can't understand why. The "Carry" is a Full Size... with the front lopped off. Maybe you meant you have a compact? Just confused lol sorry.
You have a 9mm; I have a .45. Apparently they are not the same across the models. My Carry normally has a magazine that holds 9 rounds. The full sized holds 10. You can put the full sized magazine in the Carry module but will have a space at the bottom between the module and the magazine; you cannot put a Carry magazine in a Full sized module..

Pic shows the back of the regular module (lower one) is larger than the Carry. Also the trigger guard goes farther forward.

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
You have a 9mm; I have a .45. Apparently they are not the same across the models. My Carry normally has a magazine that holds 9 rounds. The full sized holds 10. You can put the full sized magazine in the Carry module but will have a space at the bottom between the module and the magazine; you cannot put a Carry magazine in a Full sized module..

Pic shows the back of the regular module (lower one) is larger than the Carry. Also the trigger guard goes farther forward.
Ohhhhhh - now it makes sense!

On the Carry vs. Full in 9mm they're the same grip (as in where your hand goes) and both take the same magazines (17/21).

Sorry for the confusing back and forth!

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
I bought the .45 because it reduced the recoil SO MUCH I couldn’t resist. I cannot use my FCU for 9mm stuff - won’t fit in the 9mm modules. That kind of makes sense as the .45 ACP round is way bigger than the 9mm or the .40 stuff, but it is a bit unfortunate as I would have liked a 9mm/.40 S&W/.357 Sig. I can still get that but will have to buy another weapon.

I have very large mitts so am sensitive to grips. I shot 1911’s first and for years so am partial to them and their feel. One reason I like the 220 so much is that it feels much like a 1911. This full-sized module also feels 1911-ish so I expect the Carry module will be retired. Too bad as I have 4 magazines for it. But I have mags coming from Osage County Guns so I’ll be OK when they get here.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I bought the .45 because it reduced the recoil SO MUCH I couldn’t resist. I cannot use my FCU for 9mm stuff - won’t fit in the 9mm modules. That kind of makes sense as the .45 ACP round is way bigger than the 9mm or the .40 stuff, but it is a bit unfortunate as I would have liked a 9mm/.40 S&W/.357 Sig. I can still get that but will have to buy another weapon.

I have very large mitts so am sensitive to grips. I shot 1911’s first and for years so am partial to them and their feel. One reason I like the 220 so much is that it feels much like a 1911. This full-sized module also feels 1911-ish so I expect the Carry module will be retired. Too bad as I have 4 magazines for it. But I have mags coming from Osage County Guns so I’ll be OK when they get here.
Yep totally get it. Shot a buddies 1911 .45 a few days ago my first time shooting .45 ACP and yeah, WAY less snappy vs. 9mm in a polymer, but its fun to swap around. Shame the innards are different dimensions but it makes sense.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Just received the Polymer80 grip for my 320 RXP. So far this grip feels the best and I'm shooting a bit better with it. Tried the Wilson and didn't like it. Will be trying the X-Carry as well.

Modules.jpg

·
Registered
104 Posts
1021 - 1040 of 1090 Posts