SIG Talk banner

61 - 80 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Perhaps Sig responded to an actual problem, and perhaps they reacted to a perceived problem, as reflected here and elsewhere on the gunboards.
My P365s are of current mfg; MS & NRA editions. Had two older ones, saw the primer marks but never experienced any problems in a fair amount of shooting.
In any case, really love the gun, and striker issues are pretty far down my worry list.
But then, I did get a spare striker... ;)
Moon
ETA- Haven't checked the brass from the current guns, tho' most of my reloads do use the soft Federal primers.
M

·
Registered
78 Posts
Mine drags pretty badly but I'm not concerned about it. I will keep an eye out for any signs of wear on the striker tip but unless something breaks I'm not going to sweat it.

·
Registered
8,402 Posts
My P365 manufactured in August does not have striker drag.

No, the small "flat", shown at the side of the primer dimples, proves the new bevel on the firing pin is performing as expected, helping to push the striker to the rear as the case moves downward relative to the breech face during unlock.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
No, the small "flat", shown at the side of the primer dimples, proves the new bevel on the firing pin is performing as expected, helping to push the striker to the rear as the case moves downward relative to the breech face during unlock.
Dumb Question: Is the firing pin's orientation "fixed" in the channel...if so, suspect this would be important in re-assembly, or, does the movement of the fired cartridge case just rotate the pin into the proper orientation?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Dumb Question: Is the firing pin's orientation "fixed" in the channel...if so, suspect this would be important in re-assembly, or, does the movement of the fired cartridge case just rotate the pin into the proper orientation?
It can only be in one orientation (it cannot rotate about its longitudinal axis).

·
Registered
24 Posts
My Sept 4th 2019 build date 365 primer pic

Here is one of my shells from this mornings outing at the range. Date of manufacture for my P365 is Sept 4, 2019. checked several of the 200 rounds ejected this morning, and all looked the same.

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Given how they insist there's nothing wrong sure looks like they "fixed" it. I'm not sure I care about the drag as you don't read anyone on here or elsewhere complaining about broken strikers. I know there were one or two but they weren't conclusively caused by drag. Wasn't there a metallurgical problem with a batch of strikers in 2018?

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Sig has made other changes of guns because of people complaining, these guns still work fine for those who did not get or make the changes. I.E. 320 slide lock, slide release.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I wonder if the Glock strikers shape is for just this same problem of drag?

My Glock 43 has a beveled striker tip, not the standard chisel tip, but the bevel is on the bottom side, not the top like the P365.
And there is no drag on the primers.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Perhaps Sig responded to an actual problem, and perhaps they reacted to a perceived problem, as reflected here and elsewhere on the gunboards.
My P365s are of current mfg; MS & NRA editions. Had two older ones, saw the primer marks but never experienced any problems in a fair amount of shooting.
In any case, really love the gun, and striker issues are pretty far down my worry list.
But then, I did get a spare striker... ;)
Moon
ETA- Haven't checked the brass from the current guns, tho' most of my reloads do use the soft Federal primers.
M
From my conversations with SIG this past week, it sounds like the latest change to the striker a couple of months ago was indeed a response to the perceived problem of primer drag, and not because the firing pins were still likely to break with the previous design that's been used for the past year.

It also sounded like there was indeed a bad batch of strikers in early 2018, but the newer design from May/June 2018 was to reduce the risk of breakage should they get another bad batch.

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
I just thought this was a good explanation topic, and he doesn't even own a 365.

Reactions: etsig

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just got mine the otherday. Fired around 200 rounds and my casing look just like yours. Real nice gun but it will take some getting use to due to the size :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
greetings...

stock p365 manual safety... birthed january 20 2020... 1000 rounds with no malfunctions of any kind using the 10 flush 10 pinky 12 pinky 15 extended magazines... 1000 round primer hit report...

1st 200 rounds blazer brass 115gr and remington range 115gr. with some federal hst 124gr in there...

last 800 all speer lawman 124gr and speer gold dot 124...

double tap slow fire from concealment 5" or less groups 10' 20' 30' with some flyers at 40' more flyers at 50' more flyers 60'...

working on being good with this 365 before being fast... looks like i got a good one for acheiving both...

all my spent brass look nearly the same...

there you go...

j o

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
First rounds through my new P365 XL (manufactured March 2020) yesterday. Only 20 rounds, but no evidence of striker drag.

NHn

61 - 80 of 169 Posts