SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 1872 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Very nice!

Here is a S&W 686 .357 Magnum that has been around the block. It was made in 1984 so it would be cool to know where this gun has been over it lifetime.

The first handgun that I ever bought was a G-17 that I never really liked. I traded it for this gun at a local gun show about 6/05. I love shooting a .357 but I also like that I can shoot cheaper 38's too.

In Dec. of '06 my home was broken into and this gun was stolen and gone for good, or so I thought. In May of '08 I got a letter from our PD that said the gun had been recovered by the Sheriff's Dept while they were evicting a woman from the projects for getting busted with drugs. I don't know if she was charged with possession of stolen property. Anyway, I went to the property room and filled out the paperwork to get my gun back. They do a background check just like when you buy a gun but at no charge. The only thing wrong was the rear site was missing.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice!
Thanks. Another hobby of mine is digital photography and it tremendously bothers me that the right side of the picture is not properly in focus. I need to take some new pictures that are in focus.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here is a S&W 686 .357 Magnum that has been around the block. It was made in 1984 so it would be cool to know where this gun has been over it lifetime.

The first handgun that I ever bought was a G-17 that I never really liked. I traded it for this gun at a local gun show about 6/05. I love shooting a .357 but I also like that I can shoot cheaper 38's too.

In Dec. of '06 my home was broken into and this gun was stolen and gone for good, or so I thought. In May of '08 I got a letter from our PD that said the gun had been recovered by the Sheriff's Dept while they were evicting a woman from the projects for getting busted with drugs. I don't know if she was charged with possession of stolen property. Anyway, I went to the property room and filled out the paperwork to get my gun back. They do a background check just like when you buy a gun but at no charge. The only thing wrong was the rear site was missing.

Somehow I overlooked this photo and story previously. Very interesting, glad to hear you got it back.

·
1911 > All
58 Posts
Here is my Rock Island Armory "Compact 45" aka, Officers Model 1911. Still have not transferred it to myself. I guess its in stock incase anyone wants to buy it
Maybe one day I'll transfer it and go shoot it.

The finish is parkerized and this is the gun straight out of the slimy bag they are shipped in, with just a wipe down.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Here is my FN 5.7 AR on a Rock River lower.

The mag holds 50 rounds. The mag you see on the bottom is only a brass catcher. The mag is mounted across the top of the barrel. Tons of fun and fire power.

here is part of my BLACK Family...

·
Certified AR-15 Nut
379 Posts
Me with a Glock 36 modified with: Meprolight Night Sights, Non Captive Guide Rod and 19lb Spring. 3.5# Trigger Kit, Scherer Slug Plug, and few other tricks

·
Registered
405 Posts
Here is my FN 5.7 AR on a Rock River lower.

The mag holds 50 rounds. The mag you see on the bottom is only a brass catcher. The mag is mounted across the top of the barrel. Tons of fun and fire power.

here is part of my BLACK Family...

nice lookin family, but that FN's a sexy *****!

·
Registered
11,870 Posts
Just picked up my first wheel gun. Ruger GP100

NICE!!! I have a GP100 with a 6 inch barrel. I prefer the original GP100 grips with the wood inserts. It has a very unique, comfortable feel when you grip it. I ordered the old style grips through Brownell's.

·
Banned
1,534 Posts
My first gun, which I've since sold - an awesome little cheap pistol. Ruger P95 9mm:

My only revolver so far - Uberti Cattleman Hombre .45 Colt:

Cousin's Kimber Eclipse II:

A small selection of my father-in-law's more impressive handguns... Beretta Stampede .45 Colt, Kimber Ultra, H&K USP Tactical .45, Kimber Raptor II, and custom Les Bauer:

Father-in-law's Glock 20 in 10mm with a Streamlight II:

A better shot of the Raptor and Les Bauer:

1 - 20 of 1872 Posts