SIG Talk banner

41 - 60 of 209 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
newer SIGs are easier to date 'cuz they have the date on the box...yours is newer than any on that old list and I'd bet it would be the date on your case...March 2013...enjoy your German P232...

back "in the day" we didn't have the luxury of having a date code on the box or case...you had to guess or go by the resource bearone2 provided above...you could buy a SIG but have no idea how long it was sitting on someone's shelf...

Bill

·
Registered
391 Posts
i have a p220 serial g262 26x the guide says 1996 w peened over i cant see any peened marks says made in germany on the slide no other marks i can see bought it at a ogca in the late 90s like new in the box

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm gonna date mine later tonight! I have the hardbox still too... need to take images and update my "collection" records

·
Registered
387 Posts
This thread is very misleading. I was thinking my Sig would finally find a good husband.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4
Not sure what you mean, but if you are looking to date your Sig, give us the model and first 3 numbers of your serial. It should be easy for us here, to find you a date.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I completely read the title of this thread in a completely different meaning then what it is, its actually kinda funny cause i sadly started thinking about my recent dates and how much i like my sig and thought "maybe i would date my sig if it was possible"
I also thought this at first read... Thought to myself..."hey, for the right price, I would let someone date my 225.."

·
Registered
880 Posts
Did ya'll know that a P228 with rails is actually a 229 frame ? True 228s have no rail.

Actually I didn't know that... Glad someone told me...

Sent from my iPad using Outdoor Forums

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ok, give some latitude please for a new member. I have a P228 and the slide say's Made in Germany, not West Germany. There are no proof or date marks/codes. The frame is blank except for the serial number. B326xxx. Any help dating it is appreciated.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Many thanks for the swift reply. I was wondering why the slide was devoid of markings then realized the frame was a U.S. made one?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well the post is old but I'll give this a shot,
P226
JJ date code
SN=U182***
Trying to determine is it all German. I know the take down lever and decocker are new

·
Registered
788 Posts
jj is 1988. does it say made in w germany? west sig.jpg here's mine . from 1984 JE all 3 matching serial numbers:)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Made in Germany P226

Hi Guys, just picked up a German P226 at a show last weekend, stickers on the original case date it to 2011. This pistol has the triple serial numbers and came with night sights. My question here is I have only been able to find one other like mine on the web at Gunbroker, that one has Made in Germany on the left side of the slide. Mine has Made in Germany on the right side of the slide. Anyone got any info as to the significance of this? And what would the ballpark value and collectability be for mine? This baby doesn't have a scratch except the smile on the barrel.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Sig P220 date

I have an early Sig P220, marked Montage Suisse on the right side of the slide. This was a Swiss Police pistol. No German marks anywhere on it just the Swiss proof. Serial number is G1126XX. The grips are marked 78. This has the early carbon steel slide that has the dimple in the middle of the top just forward of the chamber. Any help in dating this one is appreciated.
Mike

41 - 60 of 209 Posts